Choose To Live T-Shirt Donations

Surgery is fast approaching, and with it the realization that it's going to be a long recovery and a time that I will not be able to work and help provide the necessary finances to my family. We'll be fine as we've worked hard to build our personal resources and try to be ready. Still, it's going to be a lengthy recovery, and that's a stress on our family.

I was approached by some friends about starting some fundraising to allow others to offer some support. I'm always so humbled by the generosity of others. A GoFundMe page has been created by my good friend Tina Salmon and is currently accepting donations. I'm so grateful for all who have shared and donated in this fashion.

I've also wondered how I can connect this need to generate income during my recovery to a greater message, and also possibly perpetuate this message in a way that can continue to help others beyond my current needs. With that in mind I decided a starting point would be that I could design some T-shirts with the I Choose To Live message emblazoned in some fashion. This would allow others to donate in a way that was getting something in return. Sure physically a shirt, but also a message they could wear as both a reminder to live themselves and also to share with others. Like the Life Is Good company and message that I’ve enjoyed, I’m hoping the I Choose To Live message can continue to resonate with others and have reach far beyond just me. So that’s what I’ve decided to do, starting with just two shirt designs.

Here are the designs I came up with that seemed to fit my message in fighting cancer and choosing to live life. They will be on this good looking dark Heather Grey in comfortable 50/50 Cotton/Poly with white screen printing. You can pick either design and the sizes and cut of shirt you’d like. The shirt price is variable, so you can pick the amount you’d like to donate, whether the minimum or more. You can order as many shirts as you like at whatever price point you pick.


Once again I’m blessed to have great neighbors and friends, and a couple are friends that happen to own a screen printing company called YBA Shirts. They primarily do jerseys (in a big way) but have offered to print up a batch of shirts if we get together a order. So I’m offering over on my blog a way to purchase these in a big pre-order. The plan is we’ll take orders through June 15, then the shirts will be printed together and shipped. So you’ll need to be a little patient as we collect the order, print and ship it out, but I hope you’ll love the shirt and shared the message. This is a way to donate and help out my family during this time and be connected to the message of choosing to live life.

Purchase Links:

To keep things as simple as possible, I've created PayPal checkout buttons to make your selection and purchase. Pick your donation amount, design and shirt size. If your shirt size isn't listed, please put it in the request box. Shipping of $10 will be added in the checkout process You don't need a PayPal account to purchase, you can just use a credit card. If you'd rather not use PayPal service, you can send money via Venmo by finding my username @greatprojects. Just be sure to include the minimum amount ($20 plus shipping of $10 within the US or $20 international) and include your design choice and shirt size in the comment.

Purchase Design 1 (brush script font logo)

Donation Amount
Shirt Size

Purchase Design 2 (bold sans-serif logo)

Donation Amount
Shirt Size

Thank you for any purchase made at any amount. All proceeds at this time will be collected and used to help cover medical and personal expenses during my surgery and recovery time.

Comments

  1. What are the shirts made of? That will determine
    the size I get. I will for sure by one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shirts are a 50/50 Cotton/Poly blend. I liked the way they felt and they should hold their size. I'm not sure of the fit, but from what I understand they should be pretty true to size. Thanks Tom!

      Delete

Post a Comment