Time To Take A Look


It’s that time. Sitting in the waiting room drinking the contrast solution over the next hour getting ready for the long overdue CT scan. Deja vu all over again. Feel like I’m raising a glass to hopeful good results to be shown in this scan.

The reality is, whatever the state of things is, that’s what it is. I’ve done everything I can to work toward a positive result, the rest is out of my hands. I’ve had plenty of thoughts as to what might be shown, but it’s the unknown that gives me more anxiety than anything. I like seeing things. So today we get to take a peek.

I’d like to say I’m prepared for whatever it may be, but that’s more bravado if I’m being honest with myself. I’m hoping for some serious shrinkage in the tumor of course. The goal here is to beat this thing down and cut it out. But I have been preparing myself mentally for this being much less down that road than my hopes might be. It’s a real possibility so I need to be ready for anything.

Easier said than done, but I feel pretty good in that respect.

Thanks to everyone that has offered their love and support to me and my family. We won’t know anything for a couple days or more, but at least we are finally at this stage to take another look. It’s been a long exercise in patience taking the daily treatment for the last year, and eight months since the last scan.

Comments